Simfoni: The Brief
Simfoni operates in the highly competitive spend management market. The innovative tech business has forged a path with pioneering offerings, resulting in year-on-year growth, and an impressive set of customers. But as the company has pivoted over the years with new products and offerings, the narrative has become disconnected. The brand itself is not widely recognisable, nor is the brand promise well known. To prepare for new funding and significant growth, it was time to create Simfoni 2.0.
Sea Level was appointed to:
- crystallise the brand promise with a strong narrative and set of concise key messages
- harmonise the offerings under one brand umbrella
- create a bold new visual identity
- set out a short term and long term plan to establish the brand and drive demand
We took a 4-stage approach to building a compelling GTM:
- Discovery – through customer interviews, stakeholder interviews and desk-based research, we got under the hood of the business. We assessed the main propositions, determined what was working well, where the opportunities are and what the competitor landscape is. This included an audit of the marketing team and resources.
- Brand Workshop – due to Covid travel restrictions we pivoted from a face-to-face workshop to an online immersive session. Using creative and engaging techniques we helped Simfoni articulate the brand narrative, attributes and key themes; and agreed what makes it different and the benefit this brings to customers.
- Brand Report – we created a comprehensive brand report with powerful messaging statements, straplines and unique selling points that will become the anchor for all Simfoni marketing activities. The report included a new tone of voice and three visual identity options.
- Preparing for Simfoni 2.0 – we provided recommendations for preparing and launching the brand. This included both tactical and strategic activity for the corporate brand refresh, and to drive demand for the two main propositions.
“Sea Level absolutely smashed the brief! I love their approach and ability to help us create a bold brand that is a direct enabler to growth. From the research to the workshop, to the brilliant brand report – I’ve been so impressed by their knowledge, expertise and creativity. We now have a fresh, exciting new brand identify and narrative that will enable us to stand out and resonate with our audience. I’m so excited to unveil this – Sea Level has really helped us see and establish our business in a whole new way.”
Chirag Shah, Chairman, Simfoni